Rowan County has shopping opportunities galore! Experience the wide array of shops that line the quaint streets and charming towns within Rowan. There’s so much to discover including arts and craft galleries, one-of-a-kind retail stores, antique shops, and much more.
Explore the Salisbury Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings in downtown Salisbury located at 228 E. Kerr Street. Sniff out a new favorite scent or personal product at Old Town Soap Co. in downtown China Grove at 104 South Main Street.
During COVID-19, the safety of our community is of utmost importance to us. To keep our many employees and customers safe, Governor Cooper announced a three-phased approach to slowly ease restrictions while combating COVID-19. These include:
- Social Distancing
- Always stay at least 6 feet apart from other people.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid large gatherings.
- Wear a Face Mask
- It is strongly recommended that all customers and employees wear a face mask when they may be near (less than 6 feet) other people.
- Cleaning and Hygiene
- Wash hands with soap for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) after touching items, credit card pin pads, etc.
- Monitor Your Symptoms
- Staff and customers should be encouraged to self-monitor for symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- If you have any of these symptoms, do NOT enter a retail business to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Visit Businesses at Specific Hours
- Some retail businesses designate specific times for persons at higher risk to shop without the general population. For example, early morning or late afternoon.
If you are more vulnerable to this virus, visit stores at these specific times. If not, please respect this time for those who are vulnerable and avoid retail businesses during those times.
Want to shop but don’t know what’s open? Several municipalities and community organizations have Facebook pages and websites that are updated regularly or semi-regularly with local business information in our area. Be sure to check them out below!
- Town of China Grove Facebook
- China Grove Board of Trade Facebook
- West Rowan News, Events, and Fun
- Historic Gold Hill, North Carolina Facebook
- City of Kannapolis – Community News Facebook
- Town of Landis Facebook
- Rockwell Information Page
- Downtown Salisbury Website
- Downtown Salisbury, NC Facebook
- Rowan County Chamber of Commerce Facebook
- Uptown Salisbury NC Facebook
- Rowan EDC Website
It’s so important to support your local businesses and here’s why! Of every $1 spent at local businesses, 67 cents of it stays in the community. Be a part of the shop local movement and help keep our small businesses alive! Check out Rowan County’s Leisure and Travel Blog to learn more.
LOCAL FOODIE TIP: Get your grub on at one of our many local restaurants after your workout at one of our Rowan County or community parks. Learn more about our restaurants here.
LOCAL OUTDOORS TIP: Pick-up takeout from a local restaurant and enjoy it at one of our Rowan County or community parks. Learn more about our local parks here.