With Salisbury as the county seat, Our Rowan is also home to 10 other municipalities. We are the center of the state, within an hour’s drive of Charlotte, Winston-Salem and Greensboro.
- China Grove, ranked one of the 20 safest cities in the state by SafeWise. Home to the annual Farmers Day Festival.
- Cleveland, home of Daimler’s Freighliner workforce.
- East Spencer, a family-oriented community striving to complete a major rehabilitation of Royal Giants Park.
- Faith, an original quarrying town which hosts one of the largest Fourth of July celebrations in the state.
- Gold Hill, the most charming and historic gold mining boom towns with a 70-acre park
- Granite Quarry, a quarry town known worldwide for the unique pink granite mined here for generations. Its home to Rowan County’s home-grown bank, F&M.
- Kannapolis, home to the North Carolina Research Campus, a multi-million dollar laboratory complex. The Kannapolis Downtown Revitalization Project involves streetscape and infrastructure of a new Sports & Entertainment Venue which will be home to the Kannapolis Intimidators.
- Landis, located on the Interstate 85 corridor and a prime spot for growth.
- Rockwell, an eastern Rowan town with easy access to Charlotte.
- Salisbury, the county seat and home to the famed North Carolina soft drink, Cheerwine, and the Food Lion supermarket chain. Its downtown is both historic and vibrant. It is one day’s travel to any major city on the East Coast and an approximate half-way point between Washington, DC, and Atlanta.
- Spencer, home of the North Carolina Transportation Museum which hosts events like the Polar Express, Day Out with Thomas, and Wine & Dine on the Rails